Thursday, September 16, 2010

Some R&R: cycling about town


Peter Here;

After possibly the busiest fortnight of my entire life, Shiramizu Dojo shut for a week, allowing everyone some well deserved r&r.

I took this opportunity to grab my bike and go for a long ride to take some pictures of the area, and the life that goes on with it...


The Park in Sugito town, just 10 minutes away from where I live.


A farmer harvesting rice. It was kind of symbolic for me, as when I arrived in Japan the plants were new, and the shoots were barely visible dots in a square pond. During the three months they slowly turned lush, then burdened with their stalks.


A small shrine in Satte: this was tucked away behind houses in a back road. It will always amaze me how these beautiful structures are mixed in with everyday life.


No comments: